And here’s my second interview for this month. Enjoy!
1. If someone at commissions you for a costume, how much lead time do you need or want? I would like at least a month! Since I hand make everything, I want to make sure it’s of the highest quality so it will stay together for a longer time. To do this, I need a month to make sure I have time to get the right materials and enough time to sew/build the cosplay properly.
2. What inspired you to start making costumes? In the beginning, I was inspired to make costumes solely because I was (and still am) obsessed with Halloween. I started cosplaying in late October of 2016 and was inspired to continue creating cosplays after my first convention in November. I was amazed with how others reacted to my creations and how other cosplayers’ cosplays looked, and I wanted to become better at cosplaying for myself.
3. Outside of Cosplay, what are your interests? I enjoy swimming competitively, lifting weights, running, drawing, painting canvas quotes, crafting, and baking.
4. What is your primary method of funding your projects? I have started selling cosplay prints, cosplay commissions, and also have a PayPal account where fans have generously donated to help me cosplay.
5. What is your number one anime of all time? Akame Ga Kill! This anime is my all time favorite anime because storyline was astounding and I could relate it closely to today’s society and political issues. It honestly made me think about how the people could prevent/stop government corruption and start to be more community oriented rather than selfish.
6. What is your favorite material to work with? Honestly, my favorite material to work with would be fabric, but specifically Jersey Knit. Although this fabric is difficult to work with for most, I find it fairly easy to use to make most of my more comfortable cosplays. However, any fabric will do!
7. What is your favorite convention globally speaking? At this point in my cosplay career, I’ve never been out of the country for conventions. Although, the one I found that sounded most interesting is Anime Japan. I just renewed my love for anime recently and would love to see how the original anime culture works with cosplayers and anime.
8. What is your favorite local event? My favorite local convention would be San Japan. I absolutely loved the atmosphere of the con and the staff was extremely organized. The panels and events provided were awesome, and everything ran smoothly. I’m definitely going to make this an annual stop on my Convention List.